ID card systems are one measure that can keep everyone safe in the healthcare industry. This is especially true in hospitals, where there are many sensitive areas that need to be protected.
Your healthcare ID card system works by issuing each employee, patient, and sometimes visitors with a unique ID card. These cards contain the individual’s name, photo, title/status and other relevant information. The cards can also be used to control access to different areas of the facility (See PockeTracker).
There are many benefits to using ID card systems in hospitals and other healthcare facilities, including:
- Improved security – ID card systems can prevent unauthorized individuals from entering restricted areas around the hospital. This helps to protect patients, employees, and sensitive information.
- Increased efficiency – ID card systems streamline the sign-in and sign-out process for employees and visitors. This saves time and improves efficiency.
- Improved patient care – Healthcare ID cards can improve patient care by providing an extra visual check to ensure that the right patient receives the right treatment.
In addition to traditional ID card systems where all data is stored on-site, there are also cloud-based ID software solutions available. These solutions offer a number of advantages over traditional systems, including:
- Scalability – Cloud-based ID software can be scaled to meet the needs of a growing organization. Your data is kept safe in the cloud and is accessed by those that are allowed to manage multiple facilities.
- Mobile Friendly – Cloud-based ID software allows you to access your card database from anywhere. Issue cards and look up cardholders from a phone or tablet.
- Ease of use – Cloud-based ID software is easy to use and manage and can be used across platforms.
Here are some factors to consider when choosing an ID card system for your hospital or healthcare facility:
- The type of ID card – Plastic ID cards come with different options and features depending on your needs.
- The features of the ID badge – ID badges can come with a variety of features, such as a magnetic stripe, a barcode, or a radio frequency identification (RFID) chip.
- The cost of the ID card system – ID badge systems can range in price depending on a few factors. The cost will depend on the features that you choose such as your encoding option and ID printer as well as the number of ID badges that you need.
- The type of ID software – There are two main types of ID software: on-premise and cloud-based. Traditional ID software is installed on-premises, while cloud-based ID software is hosted in the cloud.
Why choose EliteID for your ID software?
- EliteID is secure, easy to use and scales for the needs of any facility. You can set up your ID printer at any location at your facility and take photos and manage your system from that location or any other location.
- ID photos can be taken from a phone, web cam, or camera.
- Subscriptions come with tech support allowing you to be up and running in no time and provides peace of mind if something unexpected comes up.