Construction sites are often dangerous places, and you already know it’s important to take every possible precaution to ensure the safety of workers and visitors. One of the most important safety measures is to require all workers and visitors to wear photo ID badges that clearly show their identity and state their credentials (or reason for visiting).
Some of the benefits of requiring ID cards at construction job sites include:
- Increased safety – Construction worker ID cards help to prevent unauthorized personnel from entering the site, which helps to reduce the risk of accidents or injuries.
- Improved security – Requiring ID cards at your job site helps security personnel to quickly identify every person. If you equip your security with an ID verification scanner such as PockeTracker, ID cards can be scanned to permit or deny entry to the job site or view credential status levels.
- Increased productivity – ID cards streamline the access control process, which frees up security personnel to focus on other tasks.
Here are some of the things to keep in mind when implementing an ID card system for your construction sites:
- Make sure that the ID cards are good quality and durable and can withstand the wear and tear of a construction site.
- Make sure that the ID cards are easy to read and that the information on them is up-to-date.
- Train your workers and visitors on how to use the ID cards and how to present them to security personnel when entering and exiting the site.
- Think about how you want to complete the ID issuance process and where you will keep your ID printer and supplies.
Select Your ID Card Printing and Verification Software
- EliteID is a secure, easy-to-use and cloud-based ID card printing software solution. You can enroll personnel from any location and print cards at another.
- ID photos can be taken easily from a phone or web cam.
- Subscriptions come with tech support allowing you to be up and running in no time.
- PockeTracker verification software offers a solution for scanning IDs from your mobile device. A red or green screen will provide a quick visual to identity whether or not someone belongs on your job site.