Volunteers are an essential part of many organizations, and they often need to be identified as such. ID badges provide a great way for volunteers to get to know each other, and they can also be used to provide access to restricted areas.
There are a few things you need to keep in mind when printing volunteer ID badges:
- The information you need to include on the badge – This will vary depending on your organization’s needs, but it typically includes the volunteer’s name, photo, title/status and contact information.
- The security features you need – You may want a simple plastic photo ID with “volunteer” printed under the name, or you may want a more secure option with magstripe or chip encoding if the volunteers will be tracked by another system.
- The cost of the system – ID systems can range in price based on the software, ID printer, and card type you choose. You need to think about your needs and budget.
Here are some additional tips for printing volunteer ID badges:
- Use high-quality images – The photo on the ID badge should be clear and high-quality. This will help to ensure that the badge is easily identifiable.
- Use a quality card printer – A professional printer will produce badges that are durable and long-lasting.
- Consider cloud-based software – Cloud-based ID software such as EliteID is modern and affordable and allows you to print volunteer badges from any location.
Why choose EliteID for your ID software?
- EliteID is secure, easy to use and cloud-based. You can manage your ID database from anywhere and print to a chosen location with a Windows PC and ID card printer.
- ID photos can be taken easily from a phone or web cam allowing you to manage volunteers from multiple locations.
- Subscriptions come with tech support allowing you to be up and running in no time.